Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1-11-09 New Orleans

Today was COLD! I sound like a pansy saying that because I'm from Chicago but I really was not prepared for the weather today. It's great for us as volunteers to say "lets keep working!" Not only because we want to but because we need to in order to stay warm. Once I started picking up trees and moving around, the cold didn't bother me anymore. It was great listening to Jason talk about the wetlands and how it all works. Being from the Midwest I had no idea what the wetlands even were and he did a great job explaining how it is being destroyed and how we can help with the Christmas Tree Project. 
I went out on the boats to see the way the cribs were set up and it was very interesting how it worked and it was great to talk to different people that were volunteering. Overall, the Christmas Tree Project is a great idea and it is something that I plan to do some more work with when I finally get the chance because it is such a simple idea and task that makes such a difference in the long run. After the work I took a loooong nap and enjoyed every minute of my rest. It was a long day and I can't wait for more work and more fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment