Monday, January 19, 2009

1-10-09 New Orleans

Alright, so today was pretty interesting, from eating at Cracker Barrel to eating on eventful Magazine Street. The car ride was pretty boring for the most part lol. Lots of bumps in the back and lots of Ipod usage. But I must say when were driving on I-10 for the first time I turned off my music and just stared outside and thought about the people that were stranded for 5 days on that interstate. I thought about the people that thought that they were going on a bus and were suddenly stopped by another Parish. 
Anyways we eventually got to the church and we immediately went out to eat and walked along Magazine. A group of us eventually settled on a place called Buddha Belly and it was an eventful first New Orleans experience to say the least...we got there and the place was nearly empty except for one women. We order our meals and we sit down and this lady is drinking...a lot. She had 3 drinks all at once and she just kept on drinking. Then once we got our food she suddenly fell out of her chair and she got up and the had trouble lighting her own cigarette. It was kind of amusing actually. Then the bartender called her a cab and she was walking next to our table and she fell on Joe's food but I managed to catch her arm and some what save her from destroying Joe's dinner. At this point I just wanted her out of the bar and I carried her out to her cab and she left from there. 
I would have to say it was a great way to break in our trip at New Orleans and it gave me a story to tell...which is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment