Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1-17-09 New Orleans

Today was an efficient day for me. I got a lot done doing so many different things. It was our last day in New Orleans and it was the last time I would see Marlo. She truly is an inspiring person, she really should be the spokes person for New Orleans because she has so much character and is a very unique individual. 

I worked in the home of one of her properties, I cleaned out insulation and de-nailed part of the home. Climbed in the attic and swept the floor. It was fun to get down and dirty today. I got to bust some more s*** up today. Lol. I also went on top of the sheds roof today and cut off the vines that were growing on the side of the shed. It was really fun climbing on a steel roof at an angle and cutting roots of vines. :) I was kind of scared at first but I got use to it after a while and just cut away. The after all of the long work the rest of our group went over to Marlo's home and met up with the other group and got to say their last goodbyes to Marlo. I got to hug her again! :) When we walked into her house and she began talking everyone stopped doing what ever they were doing and just listened to her talk. She is a blessed person and a beautiful speaker. I was so glad to see her smile in a home that needed so much more work to get back to what it used to be before Katrina. Her positive attitude about Hurricane Katrina and life in general is something that I admire and will never forget from this trip to New Orleans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment